Discrimination Lawyer Los Angeles

Q&A with Marc McCulloch:

Interviewer: What are some of the types of discrimination?

Marc McCulloch: Our firm handles discrimination in the workplace which would include conduct on the part of your employer, meaning the employer treats one person or a group of persons differently than others that are not in that same group. If you are treated differently because of your race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, mental condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status – this would give rise to a discrimination claim (California Government Code Section 12940).

Interviewer: What should I do if I feel that I was discriminated against?

Marc McCulloch: If you feel that you were discriminated against, you should bring the matter to your employer’s attention in writing. Document your request and their response. You should attempt to gather any documents that would indicate discrimination. In other words, are they treating people of the same race or religion the same by the same discriminatory behavior. Many times we will have a single individual who will come to us saying they are being discriminated on this basis or that basis. Our first question to them will be whether their employer is discriminating against other people on the same basis and in the same manner. Many times people will only have a suspicion that this is going on, but they do not have any documentation to back up the claim. We are not minimizing what they are experiencing, but discrimination cases can be very difficult. The more documentation or evidence or witnesses that you have indicating that it is not only happening to you but someone else of your same group or protected category, the more this would be very helpful to your claim.

If you (or someone you know) have been treated unfairly by your employer, contact the Marcarian Law Firm, P.C. for a consultation concerning your particular situation (800) 924-3784.